Friday, January 25, 2008

More news from the Doc

I talked to Dr. Huh again and he is making plans for the new regimen of treatments and this is what we know so far. He wants to start a new series the first full week of February. He doesn't know exactly what the combination of chemotherapy/cancer medicines he will use. He said he is going to review all of the information in my chart and make a decision as to what will be best. Keep him in your prayers and ask God to direct him as he does this.
The next thing is that when the treatments start he wants me to put all of my chaplain responsibilities on hold. He said to stay home and rest until he says he's satisfied with the progress of my treatments. So basically I'm on medical leave until he says otherwise. Can you say "Praise the Lord!?" I did tell him that I have to have something to do or I'll go nuts and Tana won't want to be married to me any more. He said it will be a opportunity to spend more time with the kids. It will help me to have more energy for them instead of coming home from work and being too tired to play. I insisted that he let me do at least some of the menial tasks of a chaplain. He said "maybe, we'll see. Your health needs to be the priority not your job". Can you believe this guy? Well, it's not hard to see that God has blessed in a wonderful way. I really hate my cancer, but I love how God takes care of us and shows His love and power to us through it all. Keep us in your prayers.
In Christ,
Warren and family

5 comments:

Marcy said...

God is so good! Still praying for you! It was so fun to spend time with you all at Christmas! Love you all!:)

SturgillMom said...

Thanks for keeping us updated, Warren. We will definitely be praying for your Doctor as well as for you and your family. Our kids are failthful to remember to pray for "daddy's friend, Warren!" Thank you again for your awesome example and testimony to all of us.

Schoonover Family said...

While what you are going through physically is no fun, it is wonderful to see how awesome God is and what HE has brought to your life! I don't know too many places that where a boss would be so understanding and great. Listent to him. Get your rest and enjoy your time with your family! We are praying for you, and the boys still pray for Pastor Brokering and his family every night.

--Brian

PinkAngel said...

Although you don't know me, you know my brother-in-law, Mark Haines. I was friends with Jana in college. I wanted to let you know that we're praying for your family. I'm glad you'll be able to get more rest now, but I know how hard it must be at times to do that. Thank you for your testimony!

Melissa Haines

Anonymous said...

Just hello again and echos of praise to The King. I will pray that you have many "heart strings" tied with the kids during this time.

Ryan and crew