Thursday, August 14, 2008

Hospital Visit

Today brought another challenge. Warren's day starting with vomiting. When he called the office to let them know he would not be in today, Dr. Huh said he wanted Warren to go to the ER, because there could be an obstruction. So we drove to the ER (stopping along the way to bond with the side of the road). After an x-ray and fluids, the ER Dr. said the vomiting could be caused from some chemo left in his system or maybe a virus of some sort, but there was NO OBSTRUCTION!!! Praise the Lord!! It is not easy to determine what the vomiting is from because Warren has also received his first IV iron yesterday because his iron is low, that is due to some kidney stone problems he has had for a week or two. He has been off of all chemo until his iron count goes back up and there is some change in the kidney stone issues. So the ER Dr. thought it best to keep him overnight for observation and to make sure he does not continue getting sick through the night. When I left tonight he was doing much better and eating solid food. He was not feeling sick anymore, so that was a wonderful blessing. We are thanking the Lord that this was not a bad situation, but still continue to pray that Warren will be healed!! Thank you for your prayers, on days like this it helps to get you through knowing there are many prayers going out for us!!!!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Warren and Tana,

We are praying fervently for all of your family. We are excited about seeing you today, as it is past midnight your time.

The Martens' fam.

Anonymous said...

Warren, I hate to hear of all the sickness you are going through. I have often wondered what you are like since you are all grown up! I still remember you on S. West St. standing at the sink doing dishes with one leg proped up on the other like a bird. "Tweety Bird". We all had some good times back then. Scott was the "bull", Darin was the "lover boy" and Melissa was "Hazel". I had no idea you were sick. Sharon said she saw Darin the other day and he was telling her about you. I don't know what to say except that I hope everything works out for the best for you and your family. From your pictures, it looks like you have a great family. Pretty wife and beautiful kids. I would love to hear from you sometime. Please drop me a line, if you feel up to it. My email is soldwithlisa@yahoo.com. Take care, Lisa

Anonymous said...

The Russell Fam.. :)
We are so praying for you and think about you often!!
Have you talked to Pete lately? Our brother Dee had surgery for cancer on his bladder. Please say a prayer for him and mother! And the rest of us of course.
Starla

Pastor Adam Love said...

Our hearts continue to go to you as a family and for Warren as he battles through these symptoms and emotions. We love you and we are praying for you. Add us to your list of people helping you hold the line.

Anonymous said...

Warren, I saw Darin the other day and he told me that you are sick. I hate to hear that. I will keep you and your family in my prayers. Like Lisa I would love to hear from you if you feel up to it. My email is slysharon@hotmail.com. Take care, Sharon

Anonymous said...

Hi Brokerings. We saw Ann this morning and she brought us up to date on what has been happening this last week. Warren, we understand that God opened a big door for you this last week. To have people asking why God allows things to happen to others and there you are to answer those questions which lead to more questions. You ministy is definitely opening up. We are continually praying for God's perfect peace upon all of you and that He will give comfort, pain relief and a wonderful family time to make memories to all.

I Peter 1:3-9
Dave and Sharon (WBC)

zenkicfamily said...

Dear Warren and Tana,
You probably don't remember me from Woodcrest, but I wanted to let you know your family is in my prayers every day. I know personally what you are going through. I've been through all the scans, markers, chemo, x-rays, bloodwork and everything else. I also am familiar with the wide range of emotions that you are experiencing. I went through these things with both of my parents. Sometimes it is good to hear from someone else who has been there; I understand. I want to encourage you to keep up the good fight! It can be discouraging at times, but I know the Lord is right there, holding your hands - no, holding you in the palm of His hand. There is no safer place you could reside! Today I read Exodus 34:6 and thought I would share it with you.
"And the Lord passed by before him, and proclaimed, The Lord, The Lord God, MERCIFUL and GRACIOUS, longsuffering, and abundant in goodness and truth." Although our faith waivers sometimes, never forget the essence of who our God really is.
With love,
Tiffany Zenkic

SturgillMom said...

We are definitely praying daily for Warren and YOU!!!!

Anonymous said...

Dear Warren & Tana and family

You're continually on our hearts and in our prayers, asking that God's presence would comfort and strengthen you each and every day (Ps 23)

Your friends in Milwaukee,

Sam & Beth Horn