Tuesday, February 10, 2009

4 Months

Wow, it's been 4 months. Time has gone by so fast. We have had a very busy month. My mom stayed with us for quite sometime (she was waiting on my dad to come and get her, and he had some work issues), anyway it certainly didn't bother me:)!! It was like having a laundry, cleaning and cooking fairy (which I have always dreamed of) not to mention she helped a great deal with the kids. We cleaned a lot and organized some things. One of the biggest things we did was put all of Warren's Emmitt Kelley's into a curio cabinet. Emmitt was Warren's greatest collection and he was so proud of it!! I was very excited, but there was a sense of sadness as we stood back and looked at the display. It is beautiful and he would have really loved it, it was such a dream he had. We had some van problems this month and had to put a considerable amount into the van. It was amazing how that day the Lord gave us over half the amount. God takes care of us in so many different ways. I sometimes wonder why God chose us to go through this and what are his plans for us in the future. I know that there is a plan and a purpose for all this, but it doesn't make it any easier and right now I just wish Warren was still with me!!! Please keep us in prayer this week as the 10th of each month is always difficult and it's also valentine's (Warren loved giving all of us surprises for Valentine's). The kids have also struggled with the week and the girls are clinging to the gifts he gave them last year. I hope you take the time this Valentine's to cherish the spouse God has given you. Take the day and spend it with each other to show your appreciation for the one God has given you. Trust me it's a wonderful treasure!!! Happy Valentine's Day to you!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Tana!
I've been thinking a lot about you and Pastor Warren this week. There have been some little things I caught myself doing and I realized that I got them from Pastor Warren... I've been saying "dilemna" instead of "dilemma", at the end of letters to people I type "You're awesome" at the bottom. Pastor Warren always, always said "You're awesome". And I've also had this overwhelming desire to pass out tootsie rolls and accent the "toot" part. :)
Last WEdnesday in church Pastor Sexton wanted us to think of someone who impacted our lives for Christ and I immediately thought of Pastor Warren. He told us to sit down and thank God for them and as I was thanking God for you and Pastor Warren, I wondered if he was standing beside God listening to me.
I love you and am praying for you.
-Beth Inskeep

Anonymous said...

Tana, Thank you so much for the reminder to cherish the little things in life! We, as a family, will be praying for you and your family as you go through another "season" in your life.

With Love from Michigan,

Aaron, Amy, Garrett, Donovan, and Brynn Hager

Jana said...

Well, here I was already for bed and thought I would check your blog and now I am crying. You know better than to do that to me!!! Give those precious kids a big kiss from Auntie Jana and Uncle!!!! Everyday I wish I could move in with you guys! Why hasn't Alex packed his bags yet???
Love you all!!!

withpatience said...

Hello Tana,
Thank you for the encouragement to cherish our families and to let them know it! Often times in the business of life it's easy to get so caught up on the daily grind that we forget that there's so much more to our life here on earth. I will continue to pray for you and your children. . .your testimony is such a challenge and blessing. Thank you!

Anonymous said...

Tana, there will be days when you just think you can't go on, but you do. There will be days when the kids might even ask "what did daddy sound like" and you will cry. God will give you the strength that you need. February 5 was the 28th annv of my dad's homegoing and it was heavy on my heart. My mom reminded us in Sunday School class that God promises to take care of the widows and fatherless -- He has done that so many times for me and my family. As mom stated, she is remarried, but Eric and I remain fatherless and we always can turn to our Heavenly Father for comfort. I can say that Warren was a good man, but what a wonderful wife he had standing behind him. I'm sorry that we didn't get to be together more and talk. God will provide in all the things you need. God never fails!!
Sonnie Cox

Anonymous said...

It seems so long ago that he left us and I long to see him again. As I have told you, I think of Warren and my Dads almost daily. As much as he is missed here, it cannot compare to the hole it has left in yoar lives. Maybe someday we will understand. God is good and he will provide all you need. Call anytime if you ever just want to talk.Thanks for e-mailing me back.
Love,
Aunt Sharon

Anonymous said...

Hi Tana: I am so glad I thought to check your blog today. It answered my question to you. Jim and I went to Bloomington for the day. Had lunch at O'Charley's. They had taken the fish off the menu but it was a nice day. Sorry to hear about the van but great to hear how the Lord met the need. It is a blessing to hear what obedience brings about. I hope you can share Jeanine's facebook page with your parents. She has lots of old photos. You are always not far from my thoughts and in my prayers. Love Randi

Anonymous said...

Good Evening Tana! I have been renenbering days gone by. I am praying for you tonight especially. I have some pictures from this summer of Spencer when the children were taking swimming lessons. I smile when I remember how we were able to get him to jump off the diving board as well as put his head/face into the water if I would just take a picture of him doing either activity and then send it to his daddy! Oh the power of LOVE!

Oh how much Warren loved you and I know we only have seen the tip of the iceburg. I love you and am praying for you tonight especially.

Cynthia

Anonymous said...

Hi honey,
You are all in my thoughts and prayers. I couldn't be prouder of you than I am now. I know that some days are more difficult than others, but I am constantly reminded that our gracious God is holding you and the children in the palm of his hand. Love, Mom

2Icecubed said...

Tana, it has been awhile since I have checked blogs with being on FB more often now!!! Well...I am sitting in tears reading your posts as well as all the comments! My heart aches for you as you adjust to each new day and the challenge it brings. BUT I am reminded of the strength God gives when we are weak. Your testimony is a challenge to my heart!!! Though time passes and life goes on, know that we have not forgotten you and the kids!! We continue to pray for you all and think of you often! Love you!

Anonymous said...

Tana, I think of you & the children often. Jana & Alex keep me posted as to how you are doing. May God continue to give you strength & guidance as you face each day. Please tell the children hello from me.
Rebecca