Saturday, January 10, 2009

Welcome to a new year!!!

Well we are back home. Christmas was once again a wonderful time. We kept pretty busy so it kept us very occupied and less time to think. We did have many "Warren moments" (as I call them), times that made us laugh and times that made us cry. Christmas night and New Years Eve night were probably the most difficult moments, but my family was so gracious to just let me have my quiet moments to myself. One of the highlights of our trip is going to Nickelodeon Universe at the Mall of America. It was a difficult day for the children and I as that was one of Warren's favorite things. He loved to video the kids and ride with them and watch them laugh and have fun. Anyway, Christmas is a wonderful season and is a time to reflect on what God has done for us. We are so blessed!! Amid the trials that God allows in our life, there is so much blessing. I think for me the joy of Heaven has so much increased. What a day that will be!! Warren wrote this little poem in him journal:
"There are days of darkness and gloom, that does not always lead to despair and doom. As I open my eyes and see where I stand, I find myself in the hollow of His mighty hand. Dare I think to fail amidst this light trial? It would only be the work of Belial. Oh victory is sure when God is in control. But we must not fail to give our hearts to him as whole. Only then can we truly understand our trial and afflictions; they come as He planned. And so we some day pass or He His Son will send to deliver us to our heavenly home. And never again will we toil or roam."
-Warren Brokering
I hope everyone had a wonderful blessed Christmas season!! Please keep us in your prayers, each day is just another day to adjust without Warren. Thank you for all the notes of encouragement!! It not only is a blessing to me, but is helpful to the children as I try to read them some of the notes.
Happy New Year!!

5 comments:

withpatience said...

The poem of Warren's brings tears to my eyes--oh, to have such faith! I read a quote in an old Mary Engelbreit calendar that made me think of you "it takes courage to have joy"! (sorry I can't remember the person being quoted;-() You have shown great courage and trust in the Lord also. Thank you for sharing your testimony with us. You and your children are in my prayers often.

please excuse any type-o's, I'm typing over the back of a very fat cat;-)~

Anonymous said...

Tana, it was so wonderful to see you and your kids. Brittany and Brett enjoyed Maddy, Chloe, and Spencer very much. I am thankful you made it safely home. Praise the Lord for no snow storms on the way home! We pray for you every day as a family and many times throughout the day in our hearts. Thanks for sharing Christmas Eve with our family. What a blessing!
Kathy (for the Cournoyers)

Pastor Adam Love said...

Tana,

We are glad you had the chance to get back to your parents and spend some time with family. We would love to have you come and visit if you ever are through this way. Praying for you and the kids as you start this new year. God's best!

Jenn Basham said...

Tana, thank you for sharing with us. That poem was sooo beautiful.. It should be a song.. Still praying for you and your precious family..Thank you for your wonderful testimony.

Anonymous said...

Tana: I bet you are glad to be back in warm Indiana. I have seen on the news how cold it is in Minnesota. Please know you are not forgotten. Life does continue and I am sure there are times you think you are alone in your grief but we do care and remember you before the Lord. Love Randi