Saturday, December 20, 2008

Merry Christmas!!!

I left today for Minnesota for Christmas. I was doing very well until mid Wisconsin and I ran into a great deal of snow. We had to stay in a hotel tonight because we could no longer drive. I was getting tired and knew 6 or so more hours in a snow storm with three children and going 35 mph would not be something I could mentally handle. :) We are watching The Wizard of Oz (which is Chloe's favorite movie) and we all have our electronics (it's really sad).
It is so nice to go home and be with family during this time. Christmas has been a wonderful time for me through the years, but obviously this year it has a bittersweetness to the season. I do pretty good as long as I don't think much about it. :) At this point I just want to get through Christmas day watching the kids open their gifts and enjoying being spoiled. Even though I had taken on many things when Warren became sick, there was still many things he did that I have now. He always did the video camera and I took photos because I did scrapbooking. I now have both and that is very tricky. He also took care of getting the car ready for trips and checked all those things during the trip. This is quite an adventure while traveling with three children. Anyway were going to finish The Wizard of Oz and then off to bed to begin the traveling again. Thank you to many who have prayed for us during this trip, I really appreciate your prayers please continue to keep us in your prayer were not there quite yet!!! :) Have a wonderful blessed
MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Tana I am feeling for you on your trip to your parents. I can just imagine how you're feeling with all of those responsibilities and things you take for granted when there is someone else helping you raise and take care of your children. I know you must be tired. I will be thinking of you and praying for you over the holidays.
Love, Heather

Jana said...

Hey Tana!
I wish I was there to help you. Wouldn't we have fun driving while Alex could be in the car behind us?????? How exciting! Can't wait to see you.

CS,
Jana

Anonymous said...

Hey Tana, just wanted you to know that you are in my thoughts. Hope you got to the house safely. Mom was worried about you. Hope you have a Merry Christmas. Tell the family I said hello and that I love them all!
Love you lots,
Kylie Jo

Kelly said...

You know you were supposed to stay at the Love Inn! :)
We were praying for you all day and hope you made it there today. Please know you are welcome on the way back if you need us.

Anonymous said...

Tana. I don't know how else to contact you but I want you to know... Warren was one of my Youth Pastors in Charlotte, Mi while I was in high school. It must have been early 90's. He was wonderful and will be missed. Even though I haven't seen him nor did I keep in touch I will miss him. I wanted you to know that you and your family will be prayed for in my home. Holly (Thompson) Monschein

withpatience said...

Hello Tana,
I can't imagine your trip through the snow and three little ones. . .eletronics are perfect for such a time;-) I am praying for you and your kids and family. . .Merry Christmas!

Unknown said...

I most certainly DID NOT like the Wizard of Oz when I was a child. The flying monkeys did it for me. When they came out of that castle I was under the kitchen table! Even the Wizard himself was almost more than I could bear!

Have a great Christmas. At least it will be a white one. Looks like I'll have to put up with horrible weather myself-80 degrees and sunny. Oh well, someone has to live in Florida in December so it might as well be me. Take care, give all in your family a big hug and know that you are loved.

Berk

Anonymous said...

Hey Tana! I hope you have a blessed Christmas with your parents. When you head back home and if you need a place to stay, or if there is bad weather, we are only one mile off of I-90 and have plenty of room for you to stay with us! We would love to have you and your children! We are 20 minutes south of Madison and our number is 608-884-2433.
Merry Christmas,
Melanie and Rob Walker

Ruthy said...

Hey, Tana -
It was so nice to run into you at the Mall on Saturday. When your Mom came over to our table, it took me a second to place her; it has been so long since I've seen her! I wish I would have introduced Zoe to your kids; she would have liked that. In all the hustle and bustle, I just didn't think quickly enough. I felt like a blabbering idiot. =0) Anyway - what I said was true - you are brought before the throne often and by so many people. Enjoy the rest of your break; Jesus knows.

Anonymous said...

Tana,
You don't know me. I just found out about Warren's passing. Warren was my youth pastor the summer of 1992, I think. I have many fond memories of that summer and I am so sorry to hear that he passed away. I just wanted to give you my condolences and tell you that I will be praying for you and your family.
I have some old videos of Warren if you are interested in seeing them - I'd be happy to share them.

God bless,
Kristen
cenendra@charter.net