Monday, December 1, 2008

Another week......

Well, Thanksgiving is over. I really had a wonderful weekend with David P. and his family. I was so thankful they came to spend the weekend with us. The time flew by which right now is a good thing. We had a good time talking about and remembering Warren and just having a good time of fellowship. I am so thankful that they gave up a holiday with their family to spend it with us during this most difficult time. We spent Thanksgiving day with Warren's family and had a very good time. It was a strange day to be there and not be with Warren. We went to the cemetery on Saturday. The stone had been placed in the ground. I like to go there, but it is very hard to leave. Sunday was a very difficult day, I assume because everything slowed down and thoughts creep in that sometimes cannot be stopped. Oh how I miss him so much. Today is December 1 and we have snow!!! I know for some of you that isn't a big deal, but in southern Indiana it is nice to have snow for the Christmas holidays. On the way to school we thanked the Lord for the beautiful snow that he gave us that gave us a wonderful smile and cheerfulness. Just a note to thank Dave and Carla for giving their vacation to me. It was so helpful to have them here during this time and the kids had such a great time. Thank you so much!!!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for the updates. We are thinking about you and aprreciate knowing!
Love,
Starla

Kelly said...

Tana, I am so glad that Carla and her family were able to be with you. I couldn't stop thinking of you all this first holiday without Warren. My heart is hurting for you and your kids.
Thank you for the updates and your amazing testimony. I know you must have good days and bad ones. I am just praying for God to give you grace and comfort to make it through.
Love ya! Maybe one of these days I can meet your kids. Anytime you are passing through on your way to MN you are welcome to stay with us. I know you have family close by me but you are always welcome.

Anonymous said...

You are in our prayers. Please let us know if there is anything we could ever do. I know Warren lives on in the smiles of your kids!
John & Sandi Cummins

Jenell Williams Paris said...

Tana,
I said a prayer for you last week. I miss my departed loved ones a little extra on holidays, and it has come to be both sad and sweet. The first year is full of so many "firsts" without the person who has passed on, and I wish you and your children every measure of grace and stamina as you celebrate the Christmas holidays.

Jana said...

Hey Tana,
So glad I got to see you this weekend. Didn't we have fun????? I miss you so much and can't wait until we are together again and I can hug you all the time!!!

Anonymous said...

Tana: I am glad I talked to you last p.m. even though I did not mean to keep you so long. I hope you rested well. I will be praying as you travel and for decisions that you need to make. It is evident that God is Good and sufficient! Love Randi

Unknown said...

Going to the cemetary and seeing the headstone just makes it more permant doesn't it! It's hard to see it, at least for my mother in law. My sister in law calls the headstone her plaque, after all, a plaque is something you get as a reward and isn't Heaven a reward :) I prayed for you and your family as you'll be hit with all the holidays of first right off the bat! You've shown just a great and wonderful testimony and is such a blessing to us! Our little church as been praying for you and your children. May you cast all your cares on Him!

Anonymous said...

The Lord is truly good all the time! It is so good to read the update and see the pictures of the family. You are in our thoughts, but especially our prayers. We love you.
The Patricks

Anonymous said...

Hi Tana: I was checking to see if you had updated your blog. I hope your trip went OK. I hope to see you at the children's program Thursday p.m. It is always a blessing to see the Christmas program by the school. It gives you a moment to take a breath and think on the true meaning of Christmas. Love Randi

Anonymous said...

Keep it up Tana. Be not weary in well doing, for in due season you will reap--don't faint! Our family thinks of you often this holiday season. God Bless, mark brooks

Krista said...

Tana, thinking of you and your children over the next few weeks. Hope you can get lots more snow so they can get out and do some sledding and make some snow forts!

Anonymous said...

Tana, thank you for taking the time to update how you are doing. It is such a blessing to read as you have an amazing testimony, your strength in the Lord is real and that encourages ME! I am praying for you and for your children. What a blessing the Lord sends someone just when you need it! I'm thankful you have such a wonderful family - WOW! God Bless You and know you are being "bathed" in prayers!