Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!!!

HAPPY THANKSGIVING to everyone!! I am writing this on the eve of my first major holiday without Warren. I am waiting for Dave and Carla and the girls to arrive. I have looked forward to their coming. I can't believe they want to spend Thanksgiving with me, it is so comforting. We are all going to spend Thanksgiving with Warren's family as we always do. This is a bittersweet time as we will be missing a very important part of our family. We put up the Christmas decorations last weekend, that was harder than I thought it would be. It really put us down emotionally for most of the weekend. It not only affected me, but it affected the kids. We shed alot of tears and were very quiet. I did have a young friend call and invite me to do something special with her (thanks Kaitlyn). It was good to get away for a few hours and have fun. We are doing better though for now. Thank you to many that have been praying for us so strongly, it got us through a very tough weekend.
On another note, Warren's mother has sent me a poem that a friend of hers wrote. Warren's mom asked me if I would post it on the blog, she said it was a help to her and she hoped it would be a help to others.
Dear God
They went to sleep
and awoke to you
in a place with skies of blue
Free of all the pain they knew

They look around
and there they are
surrounded by loved ones
angels singing from afar
and they know

Here comes Jesus, the king of kings
arms opened wide
While the angels sing
they run to him to receive an embrace
and gaze into his face

The love they feel, it runs so deep
They know this love, it is for keeps
They love this man
and nothing can compare
to them being there.

Dear God
I know their families understand
that they can be with them again
if Jesus is in their hearts
Dear God
Then heaven will be just a start
to be with our dear God
In Jesus name, Amen
- Sue Graham -

4 comments:

Blessings From Above said...

Happy Thanksgiving, Tana! You and the kids are in our prayers every night. We will be praying that you enjoy your day with family and friends! Love you!

Dramagirl said...

Happy Thanksgiving, Tana! You came to my mind today and I had to check your website. I'm so proud of you for courageously going on with the holidays! Your upbeat tone and determination is a blessing. I continue to pray for you and love you dearly. Kristy

Pastor Adam Love said...

Tana and kids,
We wish you all a very Joyful Thanksgiving. Even in these times when the struggle at happiness seems to come and go, God has offered us His sustaining joy. Our family continues to pray for you and lift you up in some of these low times. You are loved and thought of so often. God be with you!

Anonymous said...

Tana Rae-
We missed you on Thanksgiving and hope next year you can come to our house for fun and fellowship! I hope to see you and the kids next weekend - maybe on Sat. afternoon? We're thinking of you!