Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Happy Birthday Spencer!!!

Spencer will be 5 on Wednesday!! Wow, time goes so fast. We celebrated his birthday on Saturday at Bogey's (a fun pizza place). We had a good time!! It was really nice to have fun with the kids. Auntie Dana, Aunt Maxine and Cousin Lindsay and Aubrey came with us. We had a Spiderman party!! Spencer loves superhero's and Hot Wheels, I guess you can't get any better than that!! He has been so excited to turn 5!!
Everyone has left. My mother has been here since the week Warren died. She left Friday to go home and get ready for Christmas. She has cared for my children and I for weeks. What a wonderful blessing to have her. I don't know what I would have done without her. She just picked up where I just couldn't many times. Thank you Mom for all you did!!!!
Tonight is the first night we have been alone. As I said before, night time is not my favorite time of the day by any means. Night time is quiet. It does give me a chance to talk to the Lord though, in ways that I can't in front of people. I talk to Him about my anger, dissapointment, lack of understanding, lonliness for my husband, but also my faith that He does know all that has taken place and has a perfect plan. I have also realized "time". "Time" is everything. They say time heals things. I sometimes wish time would just move along quickly. I never had enough time in the day, and now I have more than I want. Having gone through these last several weeks, I cannot imagine what people do who do not know the Lord. It is hard enough having the Lord, but to experience this kind of pain and not have anyone to go to that knows what is going on and has the control is beyond my comprehension. I have rattled on long enough, but want to thank you so much for your continued prayers, cards, and phone calls. I am able to get through each day because of people's prayers for me and my family. God is Good!!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY MY LITTLE PRINCE!!


10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Tana!
I think of you everyday, and my heart breaks with grief for you, and I pray for you and your family. God is faithful, He has not left you alone, but walks with you every step of the way. I know His Grace is sufficient!
We hope to see you when you are in Minneapolis,
Love, Debbie Isaacs

Anonymous said...

Hi Tana,

I was glad to read your post. It is helpful to hear about "stuff" being far away. I will still be praying. Feel free to call Melisa if you should ever want to talk. I know you have a large support group, but we want to be available too. Maybe you guys can just type on facebook - I do only when I have to. Anyway - still caring -

Ryan

Jenn Basham said...

Hi Tana!!
We still pray for you and your family. Nice to read of Spencer's wonderful birthday. God is good and faithful and I know He is with you in the quiet of night and I pray that He will hold you especially close to Him.

Anonymous said...

Hi honey, Just wanted you to know that Dad and I are continually praying for you and the children. We love you more than words can express, but we know our Heavenly Father loves you even more. Knowing that gives us assurance of complete and wonderful care. It is hard to be away but we are counting the days when we will be together. Sleep well Love, Mom

SturgillMom said...

Happy Birthday, Spencer!!! We are still praying, Tana, and are always amazed at your strength and trust in God. You are such an example to so many of us.

Anonymous said...

Looks like a fun birthday party!
Amy

Pastor Adam Love said...

Tana,

The Loves are still praying with you. We appreciate you keeping us posted through this medium. May God continue to answer those quiet moments with that "still, small voice." Fall into His arms and just let Him embrace you with His grace. Love you!
Adam 'n Kelly Love

Jana said...

I am so jealous! The first birthday I missed and it was a Spiderman cake. Give him big hugs and kisses from Auntie Jana!

Anonymous said...

Tana,
We have especially had you in mind as the holidays approach, knowing this will be difficult. You all are in our prayers. God will be your strength in the day and your comfort at night.
Mark Brooks

Krista said...

Tana,
Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us all. I think of you often and pray for you. I will pray that God will fill that time in the evening with something special. My husband (Jason) found a bracelet the other day in a magazine that had all the precious stones that are found in heaven on it, such as jasper, emerald, sapphire and topaz. This way whenever you looked down at your bracelet you would be seeing a little bit of what your loved one is viewing. I don't know if I would want something like that or not; I think it would make me sad to look at it but everyone is different. I thought it was really neat and would share the thought with you - how neat it is to think about the things Warren is looking at this very moment.