Thursday, April 9, 2009

Florida!!!!!

Last week we took our trip to Florida. We were supposed to go the week after Warren passed away, so I had told the kids we would go in the Spring if we could. So my mom and I packed up the kids and away we went. Although we had several difficult moments of "missing daddy" we had a wonderful time. We stayed at our family trailor (it was my grandmothers) and so we spent several mornings cleaning and working on the outside. We went swimming in the afternoon and took Sunday night and spent the night at Disney and went to Disney World on Monday. We had a great time!! It was really nice to just get away and let go a little. The tough times came when we were having a good time and wished Daddy could be with us. I love to spend time with the kids like that, it is so good to see them just having a great time and laughing. We had a rainy day so we went to the Children's Museum for a few hours and it was really cold on Tuesday(so no swimming)so we went to the Jungle Gardens. It is just too short and we wished we could have stayed longer, but we are so thankful God gave us the means to take this wonderful trip. It's all about making memories for them and giving them some fun times. By the way the pic with the stuff in the hair, We had a little gum problem on the plane and i had to cut her hair with nail clippers. Oh, the things we do for our kids!! :)

10 comments:

Marcy said...

So cute, you all! Looks like you had a fun time! Maddie and Chloe, your haircuts are adorable! You look so much older! Love you all!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing your pictures of Florida. We are so glad you had such a wonderful time. What a treat for the kids to be able to get away! Brittany says that she loves your haircuts, girls! She sure wishes she could give you all hugs! You continue to be in our prayers! We love you all!
Bruce, Kathy, Brittany & Brett Cournoyer

Anonymous said...

Hello: I am so glad you were able to get away for Spring Break. I felt bad for the kids here. It was not a nice week to be in Terre Haute. Where is Spring? I am thinking of you today as I know it is Warren's birthday. This year of firsts will be the most difficult. There will be so many events you will want to share and I just want you to know you are close in thought to so many of us. Your Dad is just great to share your Mom so much. God Bless all of you. I am getting ready to go on a warm weather vacation myself. Love Randi

Jana said...

Do you really think it was kind to rub it in that you had a Florida vacation with Mom and I wasn't even invited????
I will post pictures of Ella and I at Cougar games and then we will see who is jealous!!!!!
Love ya!

Anonymous said...

Tana,
I was thinking of you guys on your trip and pray for you often. I could not see the pics you left on your blog. I am glad you were able to get down there. It is a fun time. Our girls talk about the Florida trip at least once a week.

Love you guys! Dave Martens
P.S. He's like a baby, look at him...look at the baby! ;)

RYAN RODABAUGH said...

HEY TANA AND FAMILY!
SO GOOD TO CATCH UP ON WHAT'S GOING ON WITH YOUR FAMILY! WE JUST CAN'T IMAGINE THIS TRIAL. WE JUST CONTINUE TO PRAY FOR YOU AND THINK OF YOU!
WE HOPE TO SEE YOU SOON!
WE LOVE YOU ALL!
MELISA AND RYAN AND CREW! :)

Kelly said...

I loved looking at all the pictures of your trip. I am so glad that you were able to get away with your mom. It made me miss her. She is like a second mom to me. :) I hope someday to meet your kids. They are adorable and really a mix of you and Warren. Praying for you!

Dramagirl said...

Tana, I am just getting caught up on your news. Just wanted to let you know that I was thinking about you and praying for you. Your blog from March about the balloons and Warren reading his Bible brought tears to my eyes.

I just got back from AACS nationals at BJU and saw several friends from Maranatha (I just posted pics on my blog). It is always fun to reconnect! Chris Fisher just stayed with us and we talked about our dorm sup days. Great memories. Anyway, you are an inspiration. May God continue to bless you and the children. Love, Kristy

Anonymous said...

Hi honey, Just wanted you to know you are in our thoughts and rpayers today. Love Mom & dad

Anonymous said...

Tana,
Thanks for sharing the pictures and update. You are still in my prayers! I am so glad you could get away and enjoy some laughter and fun...how wonderful!
Angie Martens