Tuesday, May 5, 2009

April's Over!

April has been a very difficult month. It was Warren's birthday and our anniversary. I have dreaded it knowing it would be a very emotional time. We once again went to the cemetery with our balloons and let them go and sang Happy Birthday! The kids really like to go and so do I although leaving is very difficult for me. Our anniversary was a week later. Let's just say it was a bad day all around. I think that has been the hardest day I have had since Warren died. Thankfully my aunt took the kids for several hours in the afternoon so I could have some alone time. I don't know if that day will ever be better. What was once such a wonderful day has become one of the most dreaded days of my life. It made me miss Warren so very much! I am glad to get into May as school will be out this month and we need the rest. I am glad at the many blessings God has given us! I was just telling the kids that although we don't understand why God has taken Warren it has been incredible to see how he has fulfilled his promises of caring for us time and time again. God is good!!!

On another note I have a prayer request. Long time family friends of ours are asking for special prayer. Bob was diagnosed with acute leukemia about a year ago. He has been very ill and in and out of the hospital for pretty much the entire time. Saturday his daughter is graduating from nursing school and it is his desire to attend this graduation. Please pray that Bob will be able to go, that God would give him this desire. Thank you!

5 comments:

Jana said...

We all miss you so much! We just wish you lived closer like next door or possibly in our living room! Wouldn't that be so much fun!!!!!! You don't have to decide right now but maybe we could discuss it! Love ya!

Anonymous said...

Tana: I have really remembered you in prayer this past month. I know you have a great support system but there are so many things that only the Lord can be your portion.

Anonymous said...

I just want you to know that I am praying for you and we will call you sometime. We want to come down and see you all. It was a tough two weeks for me. I miss him so very much too. I got a voice mail from Josh Halloran last night and for a moment I was excited to think that it was Warren. He called and went off on me about not answering my cell phone, again, and did not understand why I even had the dumb thing. He demonstrated Warrenism.
Love you all! Dave and Carla

Anonymous said...

Honey,
We know you are glad to have April over. Wish we could take the pain away, but we know we can't and so we pray. We prayed especially for you on those two days of the month, birthday and anniversary. We are so proud of you! Love, Mom and Dad

Anonymous said...

Tana, just to let you know that you are in our daily prayers. We knew that April would be a tough month. Now you can head into May knowing that soon you can have some down time. We look forward to seeing you in MN soon. Lots of love and prayers!
Bruce and Kathy