Friday, July 20, 2007

Dr. visit results,

Hey all!
Tana and I saw the doc Wednesday. It was a good visit. He checked my liver and thought it felt okay, my breathing is getting better and he gave me some drugs to manage the pain. So things are getting better as far as the symptoms are concerned.
I am scheduled to have a CT scan on August 10th and another office visit on August 15th. He is going to scan more of my body than he did last time. He didn't really say why, but I would guess that he is making sure that nothing has popped up somewhere else since the cancer has reactivated.
He also wants to continue on with the Chemotherapy pills for a couple more months just to give them a chance to work. He gave no indication as to where my cancer marker is right now, which is fine with me. It doesn't really matter if it is high (which is bad) or low. There is nothing I can do to change it by worrying about it, so if I don't know then I won't worry. The cancer marker fluctuates up and down so much that it can become an emotional roller coaster. Tana and I are learning to ignore those types of things until they become serious and have to be addressed.
So pray for the upcoming scan and visit. Thanks for all of your prayers. Thanks for responding on the blog. It is very encouraging to hear from you all.
God bless,
The Brokerings

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just wanted to be the first one to leave a comment. I really have nothing important to say (I rarely do) so with that I will close. I love you guys and I am praying for you.
By the way, where in the world is Dante Antonucci?

Anonymous said...

Hey You! I check this blog all of the time and as you know I am praying for you and your family continually. I'm so glad to hear that the pain and breathing are some better! I am begging God for that miracle!!

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad to hear of a status update. I will be praying. YOU are right - God has you in the palm of His hand right now, nothing happens without His loving touch. Love you both and hope to see you sometime in the future soon!

Anonymous said...

Pastor Warren and Tana: Thank you for your wonderful testimony to so many of us. I will continue to uphold you in prayer.

One of many of your fans

Judy Moessner said...

Tana and Warren we are praying for you every day. We love and will keep pray. We are praying for God's blessing upon your lives.

Anonymous said...

Tana and Warren - we're praying for you all everyday. As Gram R. used to recite to us each and every night..it's very fitting for this trial in your lives.. Trust in the Lord with all thine heart. Lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct our paths. You know this one well Tana.. keep that smile on your face and know that I'm praying for you all everyday..

Love, Shane