Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Scan results not good

As you may know, we had the CT scan done earlier than expected because the doc saw some symptoms that he didn't like. Well, thank God he felt led to do so because he found some bad news that needs addressed ASAP.

Today the doc told me that the scan revealed that the cancer in the lungs has begun to grow again. It has become very active and that is why my chest has felt so heavy, my breathing is labored, appetite has dwindled and I'm so very tired. He also told me that my cancer marker has gone from 3.8 to 55. That is only 1 point away from being triple the amount last year when we started therapy.The pain has subsided and has become less of a factor. The tumors on the liver seem to have remained stable and that is a praise.

The plan is to return to the medicines and chemotherapy that he used last year to stop the spread of the cancer. It was very effective last time and we hope that it will be again. The regimens are different, but the medicines are the same. Instead of having the chemotherapy for 3 days and going home on a chemotherapy pump I will be treated every Friday with no pump (praise the Lord) and will also remain on the chemotherapy pills that I have been on for the last 6 weeks. If you have any questions about this please feel free to contact us. We want you to know how to pray, so please, ask away. E-mail us at wtbroke@juno.com and we can go from there.

Please be in prayer for us. I've been begging God to stir the hearts of the saints to be in intercessory prayer for us. We of course want healing, but we also need grace hourly and we want to be sure that those around us see Christ in us. Sometimes it just sounds like the right thing to say and the proper attitude to have, but I have learned that If Christ is not seen in us and glorified then both me and my family have suffered in vain. I do not want to come to the end of this battle and, win or lose, find that I have absolutely nothing to show for it in eternity. God help us!

Tomorrow I'm going to wake up, put my feet on the floor, thank God for the day and then get busy living it to the praise of His glory. Help us and love us through your prayers.

God bless you all!

22 comments:

Ruthy said...

Warren and Tana -

I've got everyone on my e-mail list praying for you. Take care.

Lori said...

Warren and Tana,
Your entire family is in our prayers, your attitudes and faith are truly inspiring, although I have not seen you in a long time, please know that I think of you often and am in prayer for you. Take care1
Love, Lori (cousin)

Anonymous said...

Praying for you bith, Warren and Tana, and that your testimony stays strong for God through this trial of your faith.
Dave and Sharon Rist (WBC)
1 Peter 1:3-9

Jana said...

We Love You and are always continually in prayer.
Alex, Jana, and Ella

Anonymous said...

Warren and Tanna,
Just read the latest post. I am naturally upset; however, your shining testimony has been just that to me. I will pray for you all. I know that it isn't easy and I cannot begin to imagine the amount of faith you both must have. However, I can pray for God's grace, strength, and of course, healing.
God bless you all.
Just this thought-at least you are not a putz!

Anonymous said...

We are so glad to have some updated information so we can pray for you specifically. We are thinking of you all and will pray for your attitudes and your witness. We were so happy to spend time with you earlier this summer and hope to see your family again soon. We love you!

2Icecubed said...

Warren and Tana, we continue to for your entire family daily. Your testimony is such a challenge to our hearts!! We love you and will continue to pray for your miracle.

Marcy said...

Warren, Tana, and family,
I am praying for you all during this very difficult time!
I love you all!:)

Carla said...

Praying for you in a bigger way. God is still big isn't HE?! I am praying for your inner strength and that of your family's as well. I love you, man.

Your friend.

Anonymous said...

Pastor Warren and Tana,
I want you to know that I and my family are praying for you...I have so much confidence in my prayers for you! Stay strong, my friends and a whole campus ministry group is praying for you!
Darcy and I will be visiting your church soon, see you.

love,
Ashley

SturgillMom said...

Warren and Tana -
We will definitely continue to pray. God is still the Great Physician! Your amazing testimony is shining through. Thank You!

Anonymous said...

Warren and Tana,
I just read and don't know what to say. You are already such a shining example for the Lord. I know he looks down on you at all times and beams with pride. I can't say that I'm not heartbroken with the results, but know that our God is bigger than any test results! Tana, I've never met you, but I'm sure that you know what a truly blessed woman you are to have such a wonderful christian man for your husband. I'm sure that you are absolutely amazing yourself! God bless you both and your kiddos. My family is in constant prayer for you and I will be enlisting even more on your behalf. You are both so strong, God will continue to bless that strength and be merciful.
God Bless,
Tina

Kris Coffee said...

I love you both and we will be praying for you in this time.
May you know nothing save Christ and Him crucified. He is lovely to behold. In Him there is complete joy and true hope.
Your friend,
Kristi (Martens) Perdue

Anonymous said...

Bro. Warren,
We cannot understand the things that happen to us. My older son, Brad & my wife has had cancer. I found out last year that I have Chronic Lukemia. I worked for Monsanto Co. for 10.5 years. I found out that breathing Benzine might have caused it. Our prayers have been going up to the throne of grace for you. Accepting the Lord's Will sometimes is hard but we all want God's blessings. God has chosen you to glorify Him in this way. All we can do is what The Word says in I Thess. 5:18....
"In everything give thanks for this is the will of God concerning you in Christ Jesus..."
May He get the honor & glory for the experience that He has chosen for you. God bless you & your family.
Because of Christ,
Bro. Larry Peelman
I Samuel 12:24

Anonymous said...

I will say lots of prayers as you are amazing and inspiring and so many people I know ,love you

Jill said...

We are praying for all of you! We pray you will know the richness of His mercy and grace as He strengthens you for this trial. We love you!

Anonymous said...

Warren and Tana:
We are continually praying for you and your healing. I agree with the other posts. Your attitude and faith are amazing. I have also asked my church to be in prayer for you. We love you. I have thought of this verse many times in my life. It has given me comfort through some of the hard times.
I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.
Phil 4:13.
Love and prayers
Aunt Sharon

Anonymous said...

Continuing to pray. Thank you for your testimony during this time. Love you all.

Kaelyn McCullough said...

Pastor Warren and Tana,

I want you to know that I love you and will be praying for you and your family. Im sorry you had to receive such a bad report.God has a reason for everything though! I love you all very much!
love Kaelyn

Anonymous said...

Warren and Tana,

I just recently got ahold of your blog, but I have been praying for you guys all this year and many of my friends at Northland. We are praying all the things you asked and that His mercy would flow freely!

Sarah Ice
www.boster6.blogspot.com

Shyrna said...

I am also praying for your family. May God's stength and peace uphold you right now.

Shyrna (Rist) Tarapore

Anonymous said...

Hey Warren,
Thanks for the wonderful time yesterday. You look great! Time with you is such a challenge and blessing. What is your email? I want to send you the flattering picture of yourself.
Pete
pete-deb@juno.com