Thursday, November 1, 2007

Scan results good

Hey, all!
Sorry to keep you all waiting for the results of my scan. It has been a crazy week. Dr. Huh says the reports came back good stating that the legions or tumors are stable. So, for now we have stopped the growth of the cancer in the lungs. The liver is still stable as well. Now we have to begin praying that this treatment reinforces that work and continues to shut down the processes the cancer established to be able to grow. Pray that the tumor marker goes down as well. It was last charted at 31.1. The lower it goes the less the cancer can grow. It's complicated to explain, but know that a lowering tumor marker is always good. Ideally we want it to go all the way to zero. That's when you know you're putting the hurt on the cancer. It was at 3.8 before it began to grow again last May so we know it is a possibility.

Dr. Huh also ordered a scan to be done on my head at the last minute to make sure things had not progressed in that direction. They were negative (PTL). On the bad side of things, the doc said that I have developed a sinus infection due to the chemotherapy. Pray that the antibiotics can deal with it before it becomes a sinus surgery situation again. I really hate the whole surgery thing. It seems like a small thing, but my body has no ability to fight this on it's own, so pray that God spares me the misery of a lasting infection and it's draining affects on my body.

I would also ask that you pray for a patient of ours. Her name is Norma and she has fought cancer for many years now and she is slowly fading from this life. I went to see her today in her home and she is in Hospice care just waiting for God to take her home. She is saved and knows heaven to be her final home. She and her family need our prayers.

I know that there are many who are reading this blog and I ask that you pray for us. You must know that this is much more than a physical battle. God desires to use my cancer for His glory, but it won't happen if I can't get up every day with the Hope of my salvation and a readiness to give an account of that to those who need to hear it. It's a spiritual battle and I need your prayers for that as well.

Thank you all for your love and prayers. It truly does make the difference in our lives from one day to the next. God bless you all.

6 comments:

Ruthy said...

Amen, Warren!!!! What good news! I was just now reading an e-mail from a prayer warrior friend of mine who mentioned that she prays for you daily. What a blessing to be connected through Christ, even though you've never met. Thanks for your update; God is good!

The Horners

Carla said...

We are excited about the results and will continue to pray for the chemo. to do its job and antibiotics to do its job. We are praying for you to be victorious in your daily battles. May we all put on our armor each day. We can't wait to see you for Christmas!!!

Martens' fam

Anonymous said...

So very glad that the scan results are so good. Great to see God answer prayer. Helps my faith as I know it does yours. Will pray about the sinus infection. Loved the pictures of the house too. It is quite obvious that no Putzes were present when the place was decorated. Love the way it looks. Quite naturally, my favorite room was the kitchen. Oh, to be able to cook in such a big kitchen! I am jealous so may you burn every pie you bake!

Anonymous said...

Pastor Warren and Tana: Yes, it is nice to log on and finally see your test results. It is heavy on my heart and I eagerly anticipate reading your updates. It was nice to see you Tana. I hope you enjoy wearing your new things. Your home looks very spacious and I am happy for you. I am glad you have a classroom and a place where you can have some quiet time. Randi

2Icecubed said...

We have checked and checked this blog and are so glad to see results today and good ones too!!:) Praise the Lord! We continue to lift you up before the Lord daily. We are praying for strength and endurance for you both as you fight this battle and continue on this journey.

The Ices

Anonymous said...

Hi kids,
We just checked the blog and how grateful we are to all those who are praying for you. What a blessing it is to us as well as you, just to know there are so many prayers ascending to the throne of heaven on your behalf. We love you and just want to share Psalm 46 with you today. What a great source of encouragement that our Heavenly Father is our refuge and strength. We are in His care for He controls everything. Can't wait to see you all. Give hugs to those sweet grandkids. Love, Mother and Father "R"