Sunday, November 11, 2007

Small Details to pray about

Hey all,

Just letting you know that I had a treatment a week ago last Friday and every time I have a treatment they take blood and check my counts to see if I'm healthy enough to take the treatment. If the blood counts are low then they have to put the treatment off until they are high enough again. I do have some counts that are beginning to bottom out a little so pray that they will stay high enough to take treatments.

The other reason I tell you this is because they also check my cancer marker as well. The doc says it went up a little when they check it this last treatment. How much I don't' know because I asked him in passing instead of during an appointment when he would usually have my chart in front of him. He said "It went up a little, but it will go back down again". It has come to the point where it will slow down and bounce up and down throughout the rest of the treatments. It's a little nerve racking if I allow myself to focus on the marker, but I don't. However, it is very worthy of our efforts in prayer. That is why I post this information. This is where the battle gets long and gaining ground is slow. So pray for patience or for quicker results.

We do so appreciate all of your prayers and your responses. How encouraging it is to know that God's people have enlisted themselves in helping us fight this fight. Pass on our blog to others and encourage them to pray as well.

God bless

6 comments:

withpatience said...

Hello Warren and Tana--it's Sheri (Dixon) Crowder. I don't know if you remember me from college days--Tana we were in some speech classes and drama things together;) I came across your blog through a friend of a friend of a friend, you know how it goes--anyway, just wanted you to know that I'm praying for you all. Your blog is such a testimony to God's greatness and mighty working even when life is hard--thank you for sharing your faith with the rest of us! What cute kids you guys have;-)

Carla said...

Hey, Broke, I am praying in earnest for things to turn for you. I know we have talked much about the battle. I believe God has strengthened you for such a time as this. I will pray for extra strength during this time.

Martens' family

Kelly said...

I just wanted you all to know that our family and church are constantly praying for you. Thank you for being so open and honest so we know how to effectively pray.

The new house is beautiful. Tana, you did such a great job with decorating!! We love you all and hope that you have a good Thanksgiving with your family.

Anonymous said...

Warren and Tana,
Wanted to let you both know that you continue to be in our prayers and those of our church family. Your testimony during this battle has been such a blessing and encouragement. We will continue to pray for strength, wisdom, and healing,
Kris and Gretchen Brandenburg

Anonymous said...

Warren,
It's been a million years since I saw you last, but it appears you haven't changed much at all. Even in the face of much adversity is a man with wit and wisdom! I was just nosing around in the MBBC website and came across your story. Thanks for being a pal during a rough time for me, and I will continue to pray for you in yours. You have a beautiful trio of children. Hang tough and God bless you. Staci Neumann Fulbright

Pete said...

Hey Broke,
We read your blog regularly, and continue to pray. Little did I realize that Mr. "matching materials" in college would be such a testimony to God's grace. Be assured that your incredible strength is an encouragement to us as we deal with the seamingly "huge" trials we face, then compare them to yours, and realize they are pretty small. I look forward to our next lunch, and be assured that we appreciate your strong stand.
Pete & Deb