Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Here we go again!

The last time I blogged I told you about my marker going up and that it could possibly be an indication of the treatments losing their effectiveness. Well, it seems that is what has happened. The doc had one of the nurses call me today to set up a C/T scan for this week. I asked "did doc get a red flag from my tumor marker?" She said "yes it has gone up". It was 42.6 then it went up to 46 and stayed there for a month and then it went to 55. So clearly it has stopped working and we need to scan, see where the cancer is problematic and react accordingly.

I don't feel any pain in my side where the liver is, but I have struggled to breath and my coughing is worse again. I'm guessing the lungs want to take off again, but I can't say for sure. The scan will tell the story. With that in mind remember to be praying for me on Thursday (4/24) at 11:15. I'll be scanned at that time. Monday I'm scheduled to meet with the doc and discuss the results and where we go from here.

I'm begining to get the impression that I'm facing a very stubborn cancer. Has anyone else out there thought the same thing? Am I alone in this theory?

I appreciate all of you who are praying and those of you who are so faithful to share with your church or prayer group and friends the request to pray for me. Remember, scan on Thursday (4/24) at 11:15 and results Monday (4/28) with what we will be doing next. Pray for Dr. Huh to be given the wisdom of God in regard to my treatments. Pray for us as a family. It is hard to get this kind of news and it is even harder to wait for results and consultation.

Thank you all and God bless,
Warren and family

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Warren, Tana and family. Please know we are praying and never forgetting to pray for healing, strength, Trust, Faith, Hope, Joy in God, Joy in everyday family times, and Joy in each other.

Warren, Dave made a comment right after he was diagnoised, he said "God only gave his Son about 33 years on earth, why should I expect more." Live each day to His Glory and Thank Him for that day.

Much love to all of you.
Dave and Sharon (WBC)
1 Peter 1:3-9

Anonymous said...

Warren and Tana
We pray for you daily. I have asked my church to keep you in their prayers. We love you and pray for some good news.

Love,
Aunt Sharon & Uncle Jim

Anonymous said...

You know we are praying for you in a special way as we all await these results. God has so taken care of you during these treatments and we know that He is keeping you in the palm of His hand. We love you dearly and pray that you will continue to experience the peace of God, which passeth all understanding. Love, Mother and Father R Phil 4:6 & 7

Anonymous said...

We continue to pray for guidance, strength and peace for you all...can only imagine all of the anxiety you might be feeling, but we know that God can give a wonderful calm in the midst of our storm. We will continue to pray for a calmness and peace as you face the upcoming days.
Gretchen and Kris Brandenburg

Jen said...

Hi, you probably don't know me, but... I went to Woodcrest for high school and was in the grades in between Jana and Dana. Anyway, I saw your blog from Jana's and thought I would post a message on here to let you know that I am praying for you. God prompted me to write and tell you that. I am praying for your complete healing from the power of the Holy Spirit through Jesus' name. He is bigger than this cancer and I have faith that He will do it, if it is His will! I am also praying that you will have the joy of the Lord as He continues to pour out His Grace on you through this trial. I pray that He will meet you and your family in ways never imagined! God bless your family.

Jenna (Andrews) Cottrell